Thursday 15 December 2011

Red is the colour of christmas

About three months ago I got really really sick and had to stay in bed for over two weeks. My aunt was knitting a scarf for my cousin at that time, and I thought it would be fun to start knitting a scarf for myself.. It's one day before I leave this country and look how far I've come.. Most of it was done today.



This is so typical for me. I just can't get my things done until the last minute. Scarfs, homework, presentations, essays, packing my suitcase... I am always postponing (do you english guys actually use that word? i love it, i think it's amazing ;)) everything as much as possible and the worst thing is that I always get away with it. I hate that. I will never be able to get rid of my bad habits when they don't turn out to be bad. 


I'm not even sure if I really like that pattern. I had come that far with another pattern before but didn't like it anymore so I started all over again. Do you like it? Does it look stupid??


And the last proof for my never-ending stupidity is the width of the scarf. I had so much fun casting on the first stitches that I didn't realize that this scarf was going to be massively spaced out. 84 stitches a row. That could only happen to me. If you ever want to knit your own scarf don't use that many knitting, it will take you ages to finish it.

I wanted a dark blue scarf at first, but I couldn't find pure wool in the right colour so I got red instead (bust a rhyme!!). Red is the colour of christmas and the wool is lovely and soft on my skin.

I feel a little nostalgic, sitting on the couch with my knitting needles, eating chocolate and watching TV. I used to do that a lot with my grandmother when I was little and I actually miss those good old times. Everything is constantly changing and, although I believe change is a good thing, it's hard to let go sometimes. Anyways, I'm very happy with me keeping up old traditions, saving some money and creating my very first own something. I'm sure it's going to turn out great and I will show you how it looks like when it's ready. Promise :)


No comments:

Post a Comment